Ceridwen

Ceridwen

You kids get off my lawn.

The Wonderful Adventures of Nils (Dover Children's Classics) - Selma Lagerlöf My Aunt Jan recently sent me a genealogy that details how I am related to Selma Lagerlöf. If I am reading this chart correctly, Ms. Lagerlöf is my 7th cousin thrice removed. Or put another way, my great-grandmother Marie Henderson shared a great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather with Lagerlöf. So I am seriously famous. My sister pointed out that probably everyone in Sweden is related in 7 generations, but I did a quick leg sweep and took her down. She will not take my (um, our) fame.

A quick google turns up a very interesting character. Selma Lagerlöf was the first woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature, and the first female member of the Swedish Academy. Probably a lesbian, it seems as though there were some fun love triangles. She was involved with a daring rescue of the German-Jewish writer [a:Nelly Sachs|86817|Nelly Sachs|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1341350339p2/86817.jpg] from Nazi Germany. (Though not with commando moves, but with politics, which isn't as exciting. Still.) This seems to be her most famous work, so I'll have to check it out. To represent for Auntie Selma, you see.